We recommend you to start with Category Management, or with Procurement Development. It is also possible to combine both at the same time, since these activities support one another.
Starting with Category Management:
The initial project consists of practical introduction to Cirtuo category management methodology, and software training.
For the project, select several categories and your key procurement professionals. Cirtuo will deliver initial workshops – 3 workshops, 2 days each, within the first three months since the project start.
The workshops are designed in a way that they engage the participants in applying category management methodology, while simultaneously getting to know the software.
Procurement professionals (e.g. your Category Managers or Lead Buyers) will practice on their own categories during the workshops, as they will summarize their purchase knowledge and create strategies.
In a short period of time, we are able to transfer a considerable amount of know-how, which is essential in both mastering the Cirtuo software, and familiarizing with category management methodology.
As a result, the workshops provide your procurement department with:
- Cirtuo software technology, Category Management module
- Strategic insight into procurement
- Category analysis – spend analysis, risk analysis, supply market analysis etc.
- Clearly defined business requirements
- Defined category strategy
- Strategy validation meetings with internal clients
- Defined initiatives for the future
- Savings / financial benefits tracking
After the workshops, most of our clients opt for a 2-4 training days follow-up in the first year to ensure the proper usage of methodology and software.
Starting with Procurement Development:
In order to assure full alignment of procurement department with your business, start with procurement assessment.
Initially, we agree on the questions for an online assessment. We offer a 100 predefined, best-in-class questions, which are customizable upon your request. Next, you choose the procurement stakeholders and procurement employees which will participate in the assessment.
After that, approx. 2 weeks are given to participants to complete the questionnaire, after which Cirtuo and your procurement leadership team analyze the answers, summarize the results and develop a procurement strategy. The analysis doesn’t take longer than a week, which ensures that the assessment is prompt and efficient, enabling you to quickly carry on with your regular business.
The final outcome is:
- A confirmed state of procurement department
- Gap analysis between needed and existing procurement practices
- Clear business requirements resulting from company, or business unit strategy
- Procurement goals aligned with business goals
- Defined procurement strategy
- Transformation plan for your procurement department
- Defined KPIs which support strategy implementation and procurement development
If needed, the results and the initiative plan can be presented to the management and / or to the selected procurement stakeholders. Ideally, after executing the procurement assessment, you could start introducing category management.